It appears the Washington Redskins have turned over their sales and marketing staff, perhaps from the fallout of last year’s season ticket debacle. The team has four open positions in sales and marketing listed with the online jobs board teamworkonline.com. All of those jobs focus on pushing high priced tickets to the Joe Gibbs Club Level at FedEx Field.
Club level seats have always been a tough sell. The Redskins have four hurdles to overcome this year.
- It’s a tough economy. Club seats are easily postponed.
- Washington was 3-5 at home in 2009 and they played worse as the season wore on. They were 4-4 at home in 2008. At club seat prices, we expect to see wins.
- Last year’s ticket scandal revealed that a portion of club seat fans thought they were jumping their place on the season ticket waiting list by leasing club seats. The Redskins say that was never their policy. It was a tease that evidently cost a few marketing people their jobs. By clearing that up, the team cut off a segment of potential buyers.
- Congressional ethics rules. Remembers when The Squire hosted all those political celebrities in the owners box at RFK? What a sight that was on Monday Night Football. For a lot of reasons not related to the Redskins, Congress cut itself off from those gratuities. That means that lobbyists and execs from the consulting-military-intelligence class can’t entertain their prime targets. That’s a shame. How’s a voter to know their representatives are on the job if they don’t see them at football games?
The Redskins ask R You In? Redskins Country may be the new “Show Me” State.
Here’s the listing for the team’s Business Development Executive:
The Washington Redskins are seeking highly motivated, energetic professionals as a Business Development Executive.
Principal Job Functions:
Marketing Premium Membership ticket packages to business prospects.
Job Responsibilities include:
– Making telephone and on-site calls to business customers and prospects.
– Updating customer information in database system
– Assisting in the collection process
– Providing superior customer service
– Representing the organization in an exemplary manner
– Exceeding monthly and long term sales goals
– Answering customer questions in a positive and professional manner
– Participating in Game Day and Special Event responsibilities
– Bachelor’s degree preferred
– Minimum of one (1) years of selling to business clients
– Excellent telephone and communication skills required
– Excellent time management and organizational skills required
– Experience with pro sports ticket selling a plus
– Basic computer skills required
The Washington Redskins offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. If you wish to become a part of this exciting, fast paced organization AND you meet the requirements listed above, please apply now
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this position at footballjobs.teamworkonline.com. (Registration required.)